Monday, May 31, 2010

Sheena - Week 1

Okay so not eating sugar is so hard!! I have known for a while I had an addiction, I just did not realize it was this bad.  I missed my sugar point most days.  Also the soda, my hubby is a bad influence on me.  Okay so I just need a little more will power.  I am hoping to have a much better week this week. I did have a few fun recipes that I came across as I was doing this.  The first was a spinach smoothie... I know it sounds gross, but I thought they were pretty good.

1 Banana (this is supposed to cover the spinach taste)
1/2 C Strawberries, I  used frozen ones.
1/2 C Peaches (again frozen)
Water (you could use milk or juice, but I thought I would spare myself the calories)
1/2 C spinach leaves (i used baby spinach)

Blend in the blender and you have a yummy little treat. 

In mine I actually added some protein powder, and some raw oatmeal.  The oatmeal gives it a little bit of a chalky texture, it didn't bother me, but it might some.  But this way I could count it as my entire meal.  Great if you are on the go.

Another recipe I came across was a protein pancake...  I have not actually tried this one yet, but my mom did and says it is good. 

2 egg whites
1/4 C cottage cheese
1/4 oatmeal
1 tsp Vanilla

Cook like a normal pancake and spread with fruit.  I am probably going to test them out this week. I will let you all know.  Okay so now for the awful truth... I am down 1 lb, which is nice.  but my points well my total for this week was a whopping 60 points.  I am going to do much better this week.

1 comment: